When I think of jeans I think of two things: throwback flares that my mother often assumes are a good look, and skinny jeans. Skinny jeans, something of which every girl in the whole wide world has a pair of. Yes, that is including your grandmother. And possibly your grandmothers dog - but hey, I don't judge. Skinny jeans have become the second skin of girlhood, coating the slender thighs of every teenager, yummy mummy and fashionista in sight. Despite owning a couple of pairs myself, I decided it was time to turn over a new leaf and reject the too tight cling of denim against my derriere and join the boy's brigade. I think it may just be the time to say that I no longer care for skinny jeans, thus inspiring me to enlighten the masses with a short list I have composed,
Why boyfriend jeans are gr8:
- They go with everything. Neon, masculine shapes (see above) 90's crop tops, casual sweaters, layers. Everything. Whack on a pair and see for yourself.
- They are comfy. Let us all ponder on a question; when was the last time you didn't feel like you were about to suffocate doing up the top button..?
- You don't have to throw them away if they get tattered and ripped. Massive bonus point here - kudos to you if you have a raggedy pair, the more torn to shreds the better.
- Another excuse to steal your boyfriends clothes.
- Girls are majestic creatures who have the ability to look hot in mens clothes. That's just an obvious point.